I recently put together a presentation for a group of business people in Winchester. This led me to research some internet statistics which I thought I would share.
- 108 million searches each day in the uk
- In 2008, 16 million households in Great Britain (65 per cent) had Internet access.
- 56% of UK households had broadband in 2008.
- 88% of businesses have broadband or access to broadband
- During this recession high street sales have suffered but internet sales continue to soar:- This is from the office of National Statistics – Average weekly value of internet retail sales in January 2009 was approximately £178 Million, an increase of 17% on last year.
If you want to see a breakdown of internet statistics check it out here:- http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/irs0209.pdf
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 at 4:24 pm | Stuff