Even though we are a web design company (as opposed to an internet marketing agency), I find that we are constantly advising on techniques that our clients can use to really improve their usage of the internet in generating leads and sales. Over the next few months I’m going to start putting some information together relating to emarketing and what we, as Small to Medium Sized businesses can do without spending a great deal of cash.
Marketing is a percieved as a bit of a black art generally, throw the feared element of technology into the mix and for some the terror is too much. Many have been burnt by experiences with marketeers who really don’t know their arse from their elbow (I know we have!), others just don’t know where to begin.
As a web design firm who offers intensive, ongoing support to our clients following a website build we are often asked about internet marketing.
There are many different strands of internet marketing and none of them are difficult to do. Over the next months I’m going to introduce the ones that I consider to be the most powerful techniques to help you make the most of the opportunities that are available. The things I’ll be discussing are:-
- Autoresponders: Automatically send a series of timed emails to a new contact (perhaps one a week or one a month)
- Blogs: Add some personality to your company, show off your knowledge and make search engines fall in love with you!
- Online Networking: Linked In, Ecademy etc.
- Social Networking: Do you sell to the public? Ever considered getting a fanbase together?
- Email marketing: get your message out there – cheap, fast and efficient (but be careful not to annoy anyone).
- Putting it all together: It’s all well and good knowing about all this stuff, but how do we put it all together for maximum impact?!
So, if this is the kind of thing that really interests you, then check back in a months time for the first installment, alternatively just drop me a line and let me know you’re interested and I’ll make sure I get back to you when the article has been written.